Thursday 6 October 2011

A-Z #98: I Know What You Did Last Summer

You can pick up hundreds of DVDs for a round-pound each - it doesn't matter. It's never about quantity, it's about quality. A-Z is my way of going through my collection, from A-Z, and understanding why I own the films ... or you can tell me why I should sell 'em

#98 - I Know What You Did Last Summer

Why did I buy it?

Way back in the day, this was a cool film to watch with your friends - it was horror and hot Jennifer Love-Hewitt. In fact, it was also Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ryan Phillipe and Freddie Prinze Jnr. At the time, these were cool cats who could lead films all on their own! Or at least went on to lead films. It was also written by Kevin (Dawson's Creek) Williamson. At any rate, that was why I bought it anyway ...

Why do I still own it?

Primarily because of the Horror genre. The new slasher-craze post-Scream seemed to take on a life of its own and I Know What You Did Last Summer was successful enough to warrant a sequel. In fact, it earn't two sequels, but I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer was only in the last couple of years whereby teen-nudity would simply sell anything. You only need to go so far as Cruel Intentions 3, Wild Things 3 and any sequel Neal H. Moritz produces to prove my point. But - and I may be wrong about this - I was always under the impression that Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer were the two films that started the craze ... maybe it was just Scream because I haven't seen this film in a long time and yet still sits on my shelf ...

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.