Monday 2 May 2011

Across the Blogosphere ...

As usual, a link to Mad Hatter to start off. He has noted in previous years how his HotDocs coverage seems attract little attention so he has made sure he has put out all the stops this year to make sure it gets the attention it deserves. He has multiple podcasts associated with the festival and has already - pretty much daily - released reviews. So go there now!

Secondly, I have been privelidged to take part in two podcasts in the last couple of weeks. The distance the UK has from America constantly stops me from being able to take part in many instances. Additionally, most Saturday nights at 8pm I am rarely at my desk typing away - instead, out on the town drinking or crying myself to sleep as I realise I have no friends. But, for the LAMBcast about Scream 4, I managed to be back at 00.30 to take part and Nick Jobe woke him self up early to record a Demented Podcast titled The Simon and Jobe Show. Clever. Be warned, the Demented Podcast features an awful Jimmy Stewart impression (having listened to it, I am now aware that it needs work...) and has my attempt at The Tower... something I should have prepared much better for. Mental Note: Don't Choose 'Dream Films' as a subject speciality.

Thirdly, Fandango Groovers revied Luc Besson's latest film The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec. Now, I watched Leon for the first time last night and, I have a funny feeling it is better than this. Having said that, Fandango Groovers gave the film a great review... so if you are interested, have a gander!

Large Association of Movie Blogs

9 comments:

  1. I thought you did a great job on the Demented Podcast. It's not easy to climb that Tower, but you did a great job. Always go easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for the plug good buddy! Running around this festival is always a lot of fun, and I hope that comes through in my coverage. Last night was a blast as twelve of us local bloggers joined a packed house for a midnight showing of the Conan O'Brien film.

    Rock & roll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jess - Yeah... the demented podcast. Definetly 'demented'. ha ha

    @Hatter - always a pleasure. I think i might as well simply have a 'mad hatter' link and choose a post i like of yours because you will probably always get a link. forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Docs coverage is insane. How Hatter manages to do that and Toronto I'll never know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Fitz - and Hatter watches some silly amount of films on a weekly basis. To make me feel better about my lack of coverage for such things I sleep and imagine how Mad Hatter is a recluse and never leaves the house. Ever. Except for Film Things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Fitz... The trick to TIFF is that I actually use vacation time from the day job to do it. Hot Docs on the other hand is just pure lunacy.

    @ Simon... I've heard about this "going outside" phenomenon. My position is that it's just a fad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how you do it. I've been trying to do one post a day on my blog and combined with school it's a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Fitz... The biggest hitch is working with less sleep (which is where Simon thinks I'm particularly nuts). If you ever want a tip or two, drop me an email, I'd be happy to tell you my magician's secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @fitz/Mad hatter - i thought the A-Z would be able to ensure i completed one a day. that didn't work. And yes Hatter, I do like my sleep. I tried 5-hours, but I always need 1-2 hours nap time at 3 in the afternoon. Not good.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.