Friday 20 May 2011

A-Z #80: Five Easy Pieces

You can pick up hundreds of DVDs for a round-pound each - it doesn't matter. It's never about quantity, it's about quality. A-Z is my way of going through my collection, from A-Z, and understanding why I own the films ... or you can tell me why I should sell 'em


#80 - Five Easy Pieces 

Why did I buy it?

I was reading Biskind's Easy Riders, Raging Bulls and purchased this to help me understand the whole BBS $1m filmmaking method - of which, Easy Rider and Five Easy Pieces were amongst them.

Why do I still own it?

Because I love the definition it provides of what defines a man - and what Nicholson is ultimately wants from life. Its not money, that's for sure. Nicholsons performance is brilliant and I firmly believe that more films should be made like this - opposed to the Rocky stories that generally present success and happiness as defined by financial wealth and 'beating' everyone else. Sometimes, people are happy to enjoy life as it is and that should be celebrated, not seen as a 'weaker' perspective on things.
Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.