Sunday 16 October 2011

A-Z #100: Indiana Jones and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

You can pick up hundreds of DVDs for a round-pound each - it doesn't matter. It's never about quantity, it's about quality. A-Z is my way of going through my collection, from A-Z, and understanding why I own the films ... or you can tell me why I should sell 'em

#100 - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Why did I buy it?

Let's just clarify - remember that in all this A-Z writing, I am not covering boxsets - Alien Quadrilogy, American Pie Trilogy, Cape Fear Boxset - these have not been included. Following the A-Z thread, I will then cover the boxsets. This is why, suddenly, it feels like we are on the fourth Indiana Jone's film - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. But it is fitting that at this moment - with the release of Tintin - and the fact that this is numero 100, we have a controversial choice. I bought it because I had the other three and, at the time, I had not seen the fourth one. It was only a couple-o-quid, so I thought I should at least watch it out of respect.

Why do I still own it?

The completist in me doesn't have the heart to throw it out. The film is shockingly lower in quality in comparison to the other films - but only so much as the use of SFX is a little bit too much. I wasn't a big fan of Raiders of the Lost Ark so I'm not the best to judge, but I will stand by the simple fact that: we wanted a sequel, we got a sequel and they need to make a fifth. Indiana Jones' is like James Bond and they should continue making the films. Its not untouchabale, because it is - and always has been - summer fun and games so you will get your good one's and your bad ones. This is a bad one. C'est la vie. Let's hope the fifth is better.
Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.