Thursday 12 July 2012

Incredible Soundtracks #25: Rocky (Conti)

The music attached to a film creates the environment, I believe, moreso than the literal environment depicted through the visuals...

I think it took me until Rocky III before I thought, sod it, I need to get the soundtrack. At the time, I was also jogging, so that is always going to help. I considered getting the Rocky Balboa soundtrack but decided against it as I prefer the completest element to owning a full soundtrack from a single film. And also, a 30th Anniversary was available of the original soundtrack, remastered. So that pulled me to it also.

I'm sure half of the choice-picks come as no surprise...

1. Gonna Fly Now - Iconic and unforgettable. It really boosts your spirit as well when running. There is this underlying element which, slowly, rises behind the brass that peaks when the strings 'take the lead'. Fantastic.



3. Going the Distance - The song which forces us to cheer. The solemn, slow - almost, marching - beginning before bringing up the tempo into celebratory brass. Again, great to listen to while running a tough stretch.



8. You Take My Heart Away by DeEtta Little and Nelson Pigford - Was there a love-song, with words, to the tune of 'Gonna Fly Now'? Yes indeed - Enjoy!



Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.