Sunday 24 April 2011

Across the Blogosphere ...


I love this SCRE4M poster in the style of classic SCREAM posters...
This seems to only take place once-a-month lately, but having said that, at least I have some damn good recommendations...

There is so much talk about Scream 4 it is difficult to sift through it all and find something you haven't heard before, well, via Final Cut, I found a new blog - Cinema Romantico - which i am keen to exploit due to the incredibly well written piece on self-referential cinema (that term is already copywrighted by moi) marked by Jay and Silent Bob turning up in Scream 3...

As is customary on these linking posts, gotta link to Mad hatter as his post on Speed Racer has, again, made me consider watching the film. I saw it for £5 on blu-ray the other day and was again, very close, to purchasing it... but decided not too. I know I will eventually satisfy this inevitable viewing of the Wachowski's follow-up to The Matrix trilogy.

Sebastian at Films From The Supermassive Hole states "Now, I may be alone on this, but I think the original Scream is absolutely brilliant"... Sebastian, you ain't alone, everyone knows Scream is better than all the sequels that followed it. Now, I may be alone on this, but you should read his review of Scream 4...

A friend of mine gave up beer for lent. It is nothing to do with Film, but is impressive at any rate. Well done Sir, we salute you. I think everyone should meander to his blog and tell him how great that achievement is!

Finally, Rory at Above the Line always reviews film in depth and always has something facsinating to say. His latest review of Four Lions, is incredibly well written and, I tell thee, you should throw some LAMMY nom's his way!

Large Association of Movie Blogs

3 comments:

  1. Next year I might give up tea for lent (I drink two cups a day)...we'll see how that goes.

    If you plan on giving SPEED RACER a go, might I suggest you see if you can find a screening of it somewhere. Seeing it for the first time, I really got the impression that it's the sort of film one needs to immerse themself in...then again, Steve the Film Cynic also says it's a film that an essential blu-ray for someone to own when they first buy a player!

    Thanks for the link mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't V for Vendetta the follow-up to the Matrix trilogy or did they not direct that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hatter - see, filmcynic steve pushes me further to buy it! and if there was a screening ... question is whether it is worth shelling out the cash for the screening! its such a tough call...

    @Kai - no no - Wachowski's wrote V for Vendetta, but alas, they did not direct it. Twas James McTeigue...

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.