Monday 16 May 2011

A-Z #79: Finding Nemo

You can pick up hundreds of DVDs for a round-pound each - it doesn't matter. It's never about quantity, it's about quality. A-Z is my way of going through my collection, from A-Z, and understanding why I own the films ... or you can tell me why I should sell 'em

#79 - Finding Nemo

Why did I buy it?

Funnily enough, I watched this at the cinema at a time whereby I believed Pixar films were too childish for me. I loved it, of course, but there is a period somewhere between Monsters Inc. and Wall-E that I really wasn't fussed about Pixar. Except for Finding Nemo. A truly beautiful film to look at with a heart felt story. Pixar at its best.

Why do I still own it?

For all the reasons above. The question truly is whether Finding Nemo is the best Pixar film. Again, the entire film looks beautiful whilst the story - though simple - is personal and hearfelt. No flash voices. No Tom Hanks, Paul Newman or Billy Crystal here. Only Ellen DeGeneres name-checked. Off the top of my head - I don't know any of the actors names. The big problem, I feel, that questions whether Finding Nemo is the best Pixar film. Wall-E. Though it dips, only slightly, towards the end. The visuals are fascinating and, the plot is simple to some extent ... but also profound. And Finding Nemo is a lot of good things ... but I don't think its profound.
Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.