Sunday 31 July 2011

The Film Locker #9: Danny Boyle and 'Trainspotting'

I couldn't have M. Night Shyamalan - maybe next time? - so we set upon ripping apart Danny Boyle. I am a self-confessed fan. Fans of 'The Simon and Jo Film Show' may even recall a moment whereby I even approached him and he said to me "hello!". Unforgettable. And that was pre-127 Hours so, you could argue, I met him 'at his peak'.

Of course, it was inevitable (the only director Hatter and I broke our silence about prior to the episode) - and believe me, there will be much more reading material on The Film Locker blog (
www.filmlocker.blogspot.com) itself. This will include, in depth analysis of Sunshine, Trainspotting and a review of 127 Hours. There will be some extensive back-catalogue reflection too.
This is the week to know your Danny Boyle.

All together now:

"Oh Danny Boyle, the pipes, the pipes are calling ... From glen to glen, and down the mountain side ... The 'Sunshine' is gone, and all the flowers are dying ... 'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide ... But come ye back when summer's in the meadow ... Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow ... 'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow ... Oh Danny Boyle, oh Danny Boyle, I love you so..."




And, as usual, it is already on itunes and can be found easily on podomatic - so, please do try and write reviews and support us if you can! We have the ol' RSS feed and 2.0 RSS and, if you link in different ways, we also have it on Google and Yahoo
Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.