Monday 1 August 2011

A-Z #93: The Host

You can pick up hundreds of DVDs for a round-pound each - it doesn't matter. It's never about quantity, it's about quality. A-Z is my way of going through my collection, from A-Z, and understanding why I own the films ... or you can tell me why I should sell 'em

#93 - The Host

Why did I buy it?

It is one of the "1001 Movies to see before you die" and, on the sleeve, it said "Jaws meets Jurassic Park". Its not Jaws meets Jurassic Park but it sold me.

Why do I still own it?

I watched it once and, indeed, it is a funny one. Its a strange balance of action and adventure and then, mixed in, is a strange type of comedy. I liked it enough to not strike it off completely, but I want to watch it again as part of an asian-cinema season and see how it compares to other films of a similar style. Then ... then we shall see if it gets struck off or becomes and must-watch film.
Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.