Thursday 10 February 2011

A-Z #32: Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason

You can pick up hundreds of DVD's for a round-pound each - it doesn't matter. Its never about quantity, its about quality. A-Z is my way of going through my collection, from A-Z, and considering why I own the films at all ... or you can tell me why I should sell 'em


#32 - Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason 

Why did I buy it?

This was a present. Sarah does like the first one and I, strangely enough, know the first one pretty well. There was a slight element of intrigue as to where the franchise would go. I knew the bad reviews but, this is unlike a usual purchase. I bought it very late in the day and me - and Sarah - were nothing to do with some Bridget Jones 'hype'.

Why do I still own it?
 
I personally wish I didn't - but alas, Sarah and I joined collections and this is inevitably the price I pay. The more important question is: Why does Sarah sleep happily in the knowledge that this completely-flawed, rehash-of-the-previous-film, unintelligent mockery of rom-com, sit in her our collection? With that, she delivers two words - two words that, though I may not understand, I see her logic. Her answer is simple: Colin Firth.
 
Same reason why most men own Wild Things and why Tomb Raider sold so well on DVD. Nothing to do with story, innovative-use of technology or blistering-performances - just certain thing in our pants which dictates (ho ho) our choice of film...

Should I sell it though? No Can Do.

Remember - you can always email The Simon and Jo Film Show directly using this email: simonandjoshow@gmail.com
We are also on Twitter  and Facebook.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. again, it is the price i pay for combining my collection with Sarahs... fact is, in due course, you will see what was gained from the combination...

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.