Wednesday 11 August 2010

Across The Blogosphere...

I shall not go 'on' about the internet because I have got to a point whereby my 1 or 2 hours at internet cafe is good enough - I accept it will eventually sort itself out, so I can watch loads of films instead. This week, already, I have watched F.W. Murnau's Nosferatu, David Leans Blithe Spirit, Robert Redfords Ordinary People, Shyamalans The Last Airbender. This impressive display of film-watching shall continue - tonight watching Knight and Day (blame Jo...). Obviously, the latter three will be discussed on the podcast - AND I intend to watch a bunch more in the coming days. Where theres a cloud, there is a silver lining...

Before I plough into the links, please ntoe that a new link has appeared on the right-hand-side ... links to podcast reviews of the films discussed on The Simon and Jo Film Show... it shall build up more and more in time ...

Sebastian at Detailed Criticism writes some advice to Batman... there should be an advice column begun: "Dear Sebastian, [in this case] my batsuit bust after a fall, I find this strange because ... Yours, Batman - Dear Batman, well ...", etc, etc.

Aiden at Cut The Crap Movie Reviews reviews The Founatain - I only watched it recently myself and, honest to god, passed up on reviewing it on the podcast because I couldn't make heads or tails of it. This review has highlighted a few ideas and clarified some bits and bobs but, as Aiden says, the final twenty minutes mixing a bunch of the stories together just blurs any understanding you may have had up until that point ... hats off to you sir at any rate, and - more importantly - to your 9/10 rating (!!!)

Finally, Mad Hatter spent a day answering questions off of his blog readers - so-o-o many questions. I won't lie, I read the post as soon as it came up but simply had no idea what I should ask, but luckily, one day later, he has a huge bunch of questions he has answered... its nice to think of all those questions he has put fellow bloggers through on his podcast are now reversed onto him!

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. Aww shucks, thanks for the plug sir! I shall be answering the question you posed to me this evening so make sure you check back during your next stop at the internet cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.