Tuesday 11 January 2011

A-Z #5: Aladdin

As we all know, if you want a big film collection, nowadays, it is easy. You can pick up hundreds of DVD's for a buck each - it doesn't matter. But, as a film fan, I'm sure - like every other film fan - the first thing you have a gander at when visiting a new friends house is their film collection - its never about quantity, its about quality. A-Z is my way of going through my collection, from A-Z, and justifying why I own the films...


#5 - Aladdin

Why did I buy it?
I have every intention on buying every Disney 'classic' film, but alas, the collection has not thoroughly begun as I constantly decide against buying the chosen film (I remember bailing on Snow White and the Seven Dwarves and, most recently, Beauty and the Beast... I will buy them eventually, just not yet...) but Aladdin, alongside the other mid-ninties movies, has a special place in my heart. Myself and friend bought two copies of Aladdin on the Buy-One-Get-One-Free annual Disney offer and I have never looked back...

Why do I still own it?

Because it really is up there with the best Disney films. Robin Williams incredible role as Genie is unforgettable and the songs are unforgettable. I think, when I was young lad in '94, it was Aladdin I wanted to be - and we all wanted Abu as our monkey. At the time, I am sure I thought that nothing could top Aladdin, but 1995 brought another incredible Disney classic... - Disney at the top of their game!

Remember - you can always email The Simon and Jo Film Show directly using this email: simonandjoshow@gmail.com
We are also on Twitter  and Facebook.

Large Association of Movie Blogs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.